The University of Arkansas’ Northwest Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center is set to host a series of free small business seminars open to all staff and students.
Participants will be able to explore topics related to starting and running a small business in Arkansas. Major workshops and seminars include “How to Start a Business in Arkansas” and “How to Write a Business Plan.”
On top of those, there are a number of seminars geared toward local entrepreneurs who have already established their business and want to develop a strong web presence. Those include “Build a Free Website in a Day,” “Five Small Business Strategies for Social Media,” and “Boosting Business with Online Reviews.”
Other workshops will focus on the various technicalities of operating a small business. Seminars in that category include “Human Resources Updates for the Small Business Owner,” “How to Choose a Legal Entity,” and “Basic Exporting to Grow Small Business Sales.” There are also skill courses on using the Quickbooks accounting software.
The Northwest Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center is part of the University of Arkansas’ Walton College of Business. The seminar calendar is available through the college’s website, which also provides a portal to register for seminars and workshops.
Organizations in this story
University of Arkansas 1 N University Ave Fayetteville, AR 72701-5031
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success