A scholarship has been established for civil and environmental engineering students at Mississippi State University in memory of alumnus James Carson Patton Sr.
Patton, a 1941 civil engineering graduate, served in the Navy Seabees Construction Battalion during World War II. He later served as a civil engineer in Lexington for 35 years before returning to his native Starkville upon his retirement.
He and his wife were avid supporters of the university and contributed to engineering and athletic scholarships and programs over the years.
The endowment was established by the Pattons' children, Linda Patton MacMorran, James Carson Patton Jr. and Sara Patton Rutledge.
For more information about this and other engineering scholarships at MSU, contact Bennett Evans at 662-325-0386, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizations in this story
Mississippi State University B. S. Hood Rd Starkville, MS - 39759
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success