A new face has been added to the NCAA and Division II Athletic Directors Association's Women and Minorities Mentoring Program.
Currently serving as Palm Beach Atlantic University's senior associate athletic director and senior woman administrator, Courtney Lovely will soon be part of this unique program that aids women and minorities who desire to pursue a life in collegiate athletics administration.
Lovely started her education at Valdosta State, and earned her master's in sport administration at Georgia State. Having worked with the NCAA in Indianapolis for four years, she came to Palm Beach Atlantic where she has been a member of the National Association of Collegiate Women Athletic Administrators and the Professional Association of Athlete Development Specialists.
"I am passionate about working in intercollegiate athletics and I want to be a steward for student-athlete needs and an advocate for their academic and athletic success and professional and personal development. My hope is that through my journey, I inspire minority women to aspire to senior leadership roles in intercollegiate athletics," Lovely said.
Lovely is also an NCAA Leadership Institute graduate.
Organizations in this story
Palm Beach Atlantic University 326 Acacia Street West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success