Brigham Young University has announced Christian Smith, a professor of sociology at the University of Notre Dame who also serves as the director of the Center for the Study of Religion and Society, will deliver the Forum Address.
Over the years, Smith has written multiple books on American religion, sociological theory, cultural sociology, personalism, and adolescents and emerging adults.
BYU is excited to welcome Smith as one of the forum speakers, as he holds a wealth of knowledge and valuable experience.
Through his work at Notre Dame, Smith has generated $7.5 million of research grant money. He previously generated $8 million in grants at the University of North Carolina, where he was associate chair of the Department of Sociology from 2000-05.
Smith earned a B.A. in sociology from Gordon College in Wenham, Massachusetts, and an M.A. and Ph.D. in Sociology from Harvard University.
Organizations in this story
Brigham Young University 1 N University Ave Provo, UT - 84601
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success