Leona Sevick was recently chosen by Bridgewater College to be the new provost and vice president for academic affairs at the institution.
“I am honored to serve the warm and talented students, faculty and staff who have so graciously invited me into the close community that is Bridgewater College,” Sevick said.
Sevick, who holds a Ph.D. and M.A. in English literature from the University of Maryland, was most recently assistant academic dean and assistant professor of English at
Mount St. Mary’s University. She previously taught English at Notre Dame College of Maryland and her undergraduate alma mater, McDaniel College.
The Bridgewater College staff believe that Sevick will bring much to the community, as they expect she will fit in well and help to make the students' experiences quality ones.
“I’m confident we have selected a Provost who will build upon a great foundation to assist in us creating the Bridgewater College we envision for the future,” Bridgewater President David Bushman said.
Organizations in this story
Bridgewater College 402 E. College St. Bridgewater, VA 22812-1
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success
- Gray day can't keep new Brown students away