Ashford University has chosen Aaron Bruce, chief diversity officer at San Diego State University, to give the keynote speech at the university’s commencement ceremony on May 1 at Viejas Arena.
Bruce puts an emphasis on multicultural understanding, social justice and diversity and inclusion strategies throughout SDSU's campus. He is also a member of the National Association for Diversity Officers in High Education, is vice president of the Southern California Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education, and is a certified diversity trainer with the International Multicultural Institute.
Bruce earned his bachelor of arts in economics and political science from Michigan State University, his master’s in international business administration from the United States International University, and his Ph.D. in education from the University of Rhode Island.
Organizations in this story
Ashford University 8620 Spectrum Center Blvd San Diego, CA 92123
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success