In an effort to gain recognition and better standing among the maritime and multimodal transportation community, the University of Arkansas' Maritime Transportation Research and Education Center (MarTREC) has reached out to ask for assistance in identifying research projects to consider.
The center's theme is “building economic competitiveness through efficient, resilient and sustainable maritime and multimodal transportation systems.” The request sought research topics that will enable MarTREC to be recognized as the nation’s premier source on maritime and multimodal transportation research and education.
MarTREC staff and students are now working through problem statement submissions to identify projects that would help boost its visibility through relevancy and functionality. Those addressing current needs of the transportation industry, as well as those more likely to produce significant results through dedicated research, are most likely to be considered.
Organizations in this story
Maritime Transportation Research and Education Center Fayetteville, AR 72701
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success
- Gray day can't keep new Brown students away