As part of the school’s free Distinguished Lecture Series, the Payne Institute for Earth Resources at Colorado School of Mines will present Tom Petrie, chairman of Petrie Partners LLC, for a lecture Thursday.
In his lecture “Shifts in the Geopolitical Landscape and Their Impact on Petroleum Sector Capex Strategies,” Petrie will discuss and identify a number of global drivers effecting upstream petroleum operators in the post-9/11 landscape. These drivers include shifts in the economic growth of China, power alliances in the Eastern Hemisphere and a redefinition of North American security priorities based on the latest advances of hydrocarbon extraction technology. The lecture outline also includes a review of possible looming changes in the patterns for oil and gas.
The Payne Institute for Earth Resources informs and shapes sound public policy related to earth's resources, energy and the environment. The institute’s Distinguished Lecture Series brings public speakers from academia, government, the policy domain, and business to the Mines campus to provoke discussion and debate.
The lecture will take place at 4 p.m. in Room 102 of the CTLM Building, 1650 Arapahoe St. For additional information or to reserve a seat, contact Summer Jackson at email@example.com or 303-273-3482.
Organizations in this story
Colorado School of Mines 1500 Illinois St Golden, CO - 80401
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success