Miami University has been featured in the 2017 edition of The Fiske Guide to Colleges.
The guide features approximately 320 universities within public and private spectrums, and the university was one of 13 from the state of Ohio to be included.
An unnamed senior student at the university said the university has a competitive atmosphere among students while also facilitating positivity and fostering development in its students. The senior also said most students at the university are driven to be academically successful.
“Undergraduate research gets a lot of attention at Miami -- the competitive Undergraduate Summer Scholars Program gives 100 students a stipend, free tuition, and a project allowance to complete a nine-week faculty-mentored project,” the guide said.
Programs that were highlighted include economics, paper science, engineering and interdisciplinary studies. The book also notes that Miami University is listed for professionals as strong in business, architecture and music.
The university was recognized for its focus in liberal arts education, research and travel abroad opportunities. The university’s requirements relating to writing, communication and critical thinking were also noted.
The Fiske Guide to Colleges has been published for approximately 30 years.
Organizations in this story
Miami University-Oxford 501 E. High St. Oxford, OH - 45056
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success