Staff at Boise State University’s Albertsons Library have established a memorial scholarship to honor Susan Henggeler, who died this year after 48 years as a student worker and employee with the library.
During this time, she donated a portion of her paychecks to the university.
Her colleagues at the library have created the Susan Henggeler Memorial Scholarship that will support library student assistants. During Henggeler’s time with the library, she worked with many student employees.
“I don’t have the resources to help everyone, so it’s important for me to help locally and with causes I care deeply about,” Henggeler said in a 2009 interview. "Boise State is one of those.”
Staff at the library state that Henggeler was a devoted employee and a supporter of the university. Both her family and library staff aim to have this memorial scholarship to recognize her legacy and service to the library. Henggeler had also stated that the library and the people that worked there convinced her to keep working with the institution.
Those that are interested in donating toward this scholarship may visit the library website or contact Associate Director of Development, Perrine Blakley via email at email@example.com or by phone at 208-426-4314.
Organizations in this story
Boise State University 1910 University Drive Boise, ID - 83725
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success