The University of New Orleans recently received a $100,000 donation from the Louisiana Contractors’ Educational Trust Fund to finance the UNO College of Engineering.
The donation will be used to fund teaching lab equipment and student scholarships for the college. It’s part of the mission fund under the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors; the goal is to develop programs that will help with contractor education programs in universities in Louisiana.
UNO is the only university in metro New Orleans that provides degrees in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering and environmental engineering. In addition, UNO also has the only marine engineering and naval architecture program in the area.
“Since 1991, the Contractors’ Educational Trust Fund has been committed to the support of public higher education,” Pat Gootee, chairman of the Louisiana Contractors’ Educational Trust Fund, said. “Our longstanding relationship with UNO’s College of Engineering is proof that our investment in UNO is a success. We are confident that our support will help continue UNO’s legacy of economic and social development in the greater New Orleans region."
Organizations in this story
University of New Orleans 2000 Lakeshore Dr New Orleans, LA 70148
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success