Mercyhurst University will inaugurate its new president on Saturday as part of a ceremony of academic pageantry taking place at the Mary D’Angelo Performing Arts Center.
Michael Victor will become the 12th president of Mercyhurst University.
The inauguration is part of a one-day celebration titled “Renewal through Mercy: The Next 90 Years.” The event will begin with an inaugural Mass in the Christ the King Chapel starting at 10 a.m. The official investiture begins at 1:30 pm., and the day will end at the Erie Bayfront.
“The entire Mercyhurst community, from its students, faculty and staff to alumni and friends, is delighted to honor Michael Victor as our 12th president,” Richard Lanzillo, chair of the Mercyhurst University Board of Trustees, said. “The day is a joyous occasion to celebrate not only President Victor’s outstanding leadership but Mercyhurst’s proud 90-year history.”
The investiture’s participants will officials from include Seton Hill University, Duquesne University, Carlow University, the Conference for Mercy Higher Education, and St. Bonaventure University. Local community leaders will also attend including Tom Hagen (chairman of the board of Erie Insurance Group), Kathy and Dan Dahlkemper (from Erie County), Michele Ridge (former Pennsylvania First Lady), and Bill Jackson (president of the United Way of Erie County). Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett and his wife, Sue, will also attend.
Organizations in this story
Mercyhurst University 501 East 38th Street Erie, PA 16546
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success
- Gray day can't keep new Brown students away