The State College of Florida Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) has entered a partnership with the Sarasota County School District that will allow them to offer an accelerated dual enrollment program, which is similar to the program at the State College of Florida’s Collegiate School.
will be for students at Venice and North Port high schools.
Juniors from Venice and North Port will be allowed to enroll
in up to 16 credit hours a semester over the course of four semesters. The primary
goal of the program is to have students graduate from high school while also
earning an associate degree.
The prerequisites for participation in the program are a GPA
of 3.3 or higher, promotion to the 11th grade and achievement scores deemed college-ready
on entrance exams that include the ACT, SAT and PERT. A letter of
recommendation from a high school counselor is also required.
Students chosen to participate in the program will
receive guidance from their high school counselors and SCF counselors.
Accepted students will be enrolled at SCF Venice full-time while continuing
enrollment in their high school for sports and extracurricular
Organizations in this story
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota 5840 26th St. W. Bradenton, FL 34207
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success
- Gray day can't keep new Brown students away