The University of Tampa has set another enrollment record in the institution’s 20th consecutive year of topping the previous year’s enrollment.
The new enrollment is 8,310 students -- graduates and undergraduates -- up 3.4
percent from last year.
“Interest in UT set an all-time record this past year, due
in large part to our increased reputation for delivering a high-quality, rich
educational experience,” University of Tampa Vice President of Enrollment
Dennis Nostrand said. “Plus, once undergraduates decide to attend UT, we do an
excellent job of graduating them in four years or less.”
Nostrand also emphasized the university’s record enrollment
is evident of its rising appeal to prospective students.
University of Tampa President Ronald Vaughn said the
personal attention and community feel of the university has been successfully
maintained. Both, according to Vaughn, have been important characteristics of
the university throughout its 85 years.
“We remain committed to pursuing quality and educational excellence,” he said.
“We hired about three dozen faculty and additional staff for this year. We also
completed new facilities to support and continue improving the total
Organizations in this story
University of Tampa 401 West Kennedy Boulevard Tampa, FL - 33606
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success