Transylvania University has announced the induction of three former athletes and the head coach of the men’s basketball team in 2000-01 into its Pioneer Hall of Fame.
The ceremony took place Saturday, Oct. 29, at Beck
Center. The inductees include Heather Adams-Blair, class of 1995; Judy Henry,
class of 1982; and Michael Ray, class of 2003.
“Each year our Hall of Fame ceremonies present us a list of
exceptional individuals with remarkable achievements, both during their careers
at Transylvania and after, but this year’s group is in a class unparalleled,”
Transylvania Vice President of Enrollment and Student Life Holly Sheilley said.
“Heather, Judy, Michael and the members of the indelible 2000-01 men’s
basketball team have forged legacies that speak to the types of students that
we are fortunate to have in our community and as our alumni."
Blair earned letters four years playing basketball and two
years for softball. Henry played field hockey, basketball, softball and ran
cross country, leading the field hockey team while to a KWIC Championship. Ray helped
found the men’s golf program and led them to a HCAC tournament championship.
Finally, the 2000-01 men’s basketball team holds the school record for 22 straight
wins and 27 total wins.
Organizations in this story
Transylvania University 300 N Broadway Rd Lexington, KY - 40508
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success