Ashford University was honored by Diverse: Issues in Higher Education last week.
The university was among the top 100 colleges and
universities that conferred the most degrees to U.S. students of color in 2016.
The university placed third in conferring Bachelor of Arts
degrees upon minority students. In graduate-level degrees, the university
placed 10th overall. When only master's degrees were considered, it took seventh
place among the top 100.
“Ashford University is honored to be ranked by 'Diverse:
Issues in Higher Education' as an institution having a particular focus on
helping minority students achieve the dream of earning a college degree,”
Ashford University President and CEO Dr. Craig Swenson said. “We take great
pride having assembled a truly dedicated staff and faculty who so capably serve
the needs of a highly diverse student population.”
Ashford University, based in San Diego, California, offers
associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs online. The flexibility of
the Ashford programs allows working students as well as those just out of high
school the flexibility needed to balance their lives while working toward a
higher education degree.
Organizations in this story
Ashford University 8620 Spectrum Center Blvd San Diego, CA 92123
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success