Members of the women’s basketball team at the University of Arkansas, in collaboration with Project Unify, have extended an invitation to all students, faculty and staff from the university -- as well as to members of the community -- to attend the Veterans Appreciation Breakfast, held at Bud Walton Arena.
The breakfast hopes to bring community members
together so they can show their gratitude for the soldiers who have fought to
protect citizens of the United States and their freedoms.
"We are inviting our fellow students -- those on campus
and those throughout our community -- to join us for a Veterans Appreciation
Breakfast at Bud Walton Arena," Jailyn Mason, member of the women’s
basketball team, said. "We want to hold this event to connect with the
community and give back to those who fought for our freedoms."
The breakfast is scheduled 9-11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 9, and will take place at the Bud Walton Arena’s south concourse. The
event does not cost anything to attend, and food will be provided by
Arkansas’ women’s basketball team.
The breakfast is the first public event that Project Unify
Organizations in this story
University of Arkansas 1 N University Ave Fayetteville, AR 72701-5031
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success