Butler University has named associate professor Kelli Esteves as its Richard W. Guyer Chair of Education.
Esteves, who has been teaching at Butler's College of Education since 2010, said she has great admiration for those who came before her, and is grateful to everyone who have helped her along the way.
"Dean Ena Shelley and so many of my College of Education
colleagues have been instrumental in helping me reach my professional
goals," she said. "I am grateful to work with people across the university who are
incredibly kind, intelligent, passionate, and hard working.”
The Guyer Professorship, which carries a three-year term, is named for World War II veteran Richard W. Guyer, who taught and coached in high schools in Indiana before joining the faculty at Butler. It was established in 1997 by
D. Michael Hockett,
a Butler graduate and Indianapolis business who wanted to honor Guyer for his guidance and instruction.
Organizations in this story
Butler University 4600 Sunset Ave. Indianapolis, Ind. 46208
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success