Palm Beach Atlantic University recently awarded Women of Distinction scholarships to Reana De Pass and Cassie Stanton for their academic diligence and their work in the community.
De Pass, a senior from Orlando, and Stanton, a senior from Wheaton, llinois, delivered the welcome and invocation at the 26th annual Women of Distinction luncheon on Jan. 23. The luncheon and scholarship have been traditions at Palm Beach Atlantic University for more than two decades.
De Pass is a biology major who has worked on a grant-funded biodiversity research project and is a member of the Palm Beach Atlantic Science Club. She also serves as a peer mentor for the First Year Experience program, which strives to make it easier to for students to transition from high school to college.
Stanton is a political science major and student body president. She has served as chair of the Palm Beach Atlantic University College Republicans, participating in public policy advancement and voter registration activities on campus. Last year, Stanton received a research fellowship from the LeMieux Center for Public Policy.
Organizations in this story
Palm Beach Atlantic University 326 Acacia Street West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success