The Sanford School of Medicine at the University of South Dakota recently ranked 15th in the nation in placing graduates into family medicine residencies.
The most recent ranking by
the American Academy of Family Physicians looked at 134 schools that grant MD degrees and reviewed the number
of medical school graduates placed into residencies during the three years
that ended in 2015.
percent of USD medical school grads went into family medicine
residencies -- nearly double the 8.7 percent national average.
Students who undertake family medicine residencies tend to make careers as family medicine practitioners.
The Sanford School of Medicine's missions statement emphasizes a commitment to family medicine, although it prepares students to
practice in all fields of medicine.
Organizations in this story
University of South Dakota 414 E Clark St Vermillion, SD 57069
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- Gray day can't keep new Brown students away