An education coordinator at the University of South Dakota (USD) has been chosen as chair of the national board of directors of HOSA-Future Health Professionals.
Brock Rops, South Dakota's HOSA state adviser since the group was founded in 2012, has been USD's education coordinator at the Area Health Education Center for six years. Rops has served on the Sanford Health All About Science festival committee and the USD Health Science Advisory Board of Directors.
Founded in 1976, HOSA works to encourage secondary and post-secondary students to pursue careers in health care fields. It has more than 200,000 members nationwide among 4,300 chapters in 46 states and four countries.
Organizations in this story
University of South Dakota 414 E Clark St Vermillion, SD - 57069
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success