The University of Arkansas announced today that Gov. Asa Hutchinson appointed Debra Hurd to the Arkansas Social Work Licensing Board on Oct. 28.
Hurd is a clinical professor in the School of Social Work at the University of Arkansas.
"Thank you professor Hurd for all of your hard work and dedication to our most vulnerable children in Arkansas," today's announcement said. "This is a well-deserved honor. Thank you also for helping bring recognition to our School of Social Work."
Located in Fayetteville, Ark., the University of Arkansas was founded in 1871 and has 26,754 students.
Organizations in this story
University of Arkansas 1 N University Ave Fayetteville, AR - 72701-5031
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success