Tiffin University’s (TU) Board of Trustees accepted Curtis Charles' resignation as president of the university, which became effective Jan. 1.
Charles took over the position in July following the retirement of Paul Marion. In his resignation, Charles cited a difference in strategic vision for the university. The university board wished him well.
"I will miss TU's students, faculty and staff, as well as the Tiffin community," Charles said.
Before taking the post as president at Tiffin, Charles was the senior associate vice chancellor for institutional transformation at Fayetteville State University in North Carolina. In his short time at the helm of Tiffin, Charles established a Veteran and Military Resource Center and established a five-year strategic plan that focuses on student success.
The Tiffin board announced an interim president will be chosen to fill the role while the board searches for the right candidate for the permanent job.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Tiffin University ?
Next time we write about Tiffin University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Business teams in training
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Resume Workshop to be Held February 20
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Cru Weekly Meeting to be Held February 14
- ADITALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Latin-American Dance Inspires Alma Symphony Orchestra
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Master Artist Workshop With Sue Primeau at the Appleton Museum of Art
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: CCCC receives grant from Sunderland Foundation
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Zuzu African Acrobats next Cook Series performers
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Breaking alcohol’s death grip
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Cameron University online MBA program recognized by US News & World Report
- CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY: Macedonia in Synopsis