Lindsay Duckworth, a graduate of the University of Arkansas’ Sam M Walton College of Business, is making a splash in the business world – highlighting the success of Walton School alumni.
Duckworth is a information technology (IT) consulting manager for Accenture. In this role, she has been able to implement the acquisition supply chain models she learned in school at companies including MillerCoors and VF Corp., which produces apparel brands like The North Face and Lee Jeans. She’s currently working on projects for Ralph Lauren.
Duckworth is among the consultants who are charged with setting the basic structures of new projects, which she then pitches and sells.
"Right now, the past four years, I've been in a delivery role where the work has already been sold," she said. "Now, being on the front end of trying to sell and making sure that we set up projects for success, I'm excited for that."
Duckworth said the education she got at the University of Arkansas allowed her to head into the business world equipped with the latest knowledge and tools for success. She said she knew Walton was the school for her immediately after her first campus visit.
"I was amazed at the innovations that were available to students and diverse majors that were available," Duckworth said. "I immediately applied to the University of Arkansas and never looked back.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: 58,361 college athletes play baseball
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY: New Provost Named at Utah State University
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Energy Transfer/Sunoco Foundation and Energy Transfer Partners Donate $5 Million to the University of Mary
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Clarke wins NSF CAREER grant for advanced steel research
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Retailing's Loss Was Biology's Gain
- CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY TEXAS: A seemingly perpetual student's view on grad school experience
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Team Chargernaut takes first place in NASA Human Exploration Rover Challenge
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: Parkway to Close April 27-28 for USA Triathlon
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Alumnus’ firm in forefront of private Wi-Fi, Internet in space