The University of Arkansas’ Northwest Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center is set to host a series of free small business seminars open to all staff and students.
Participants will be able to explore topics related to starting and running a small business in Arkansas. Major workshops and seminars include “How to Start a Business in Arkansas” and “How to Write a Business Plan.”
On top of those, there are a number of seminars geared toward local entrepreneurs who have already established their business and want to develop a strong web presence. Those include “Build a Free Website in a Day,” “Five Small Business Strategies for Social Media,” and “Boosting Business with Online Reviews.”
Other workshops will focus on the various technicalities of operating a small business. Seminars in that category include “Human Resources Updates for the Small Business Owner,” “How to Choose a Legal Entity,” and “Basic Exporting to Grow Small Business Sales.” There are also skill courses on using the Quickbooks accounting software.
The Northwest Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center is part of the University of Arkansas’ Walton College of Business. The seminar calendar is available through the college’s website, which also provides a portal to register for seminars and workshops.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million