The University of Manchester is celebrating an outstanding rating from the U.K.'s Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills.
Teach First is a registered charity and leadership development program offered throughout England. The University of Manchester's program, which trains teachers to improve the scholastic achievement of
students, earned the highest possible marks across all rubric categories.
The report praised the teachers' self-motivation, the quality of the tasks they designed for students, and the high level of student confidence in their classrooms, among other virtues.
“We are delighted that this report confirms that our commitment to the university-wide goal of social responsibility is being realized everyday through our work," Head of Initial Teacher Education at The University of Manchester and Executive Director of Teach First Northwest David Spendlove said. "The outstanding outcome is recognition of the tireless work of Teach First, university tutors, mentors, local schools and Teach First participants all working towards a common goal of improving the lives of children in the Northwest. This is a tremendous achievement for all involved and recognizes our commitment to high quality teacher education.”
Office for Standards
inspects and regulates educational and other institutions that provide services for young people.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Manchester ?
Next time we write about University of Manchester, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30