Ashford University of San Diego, California, has received top marks from a Military Advanced Education and Transition (MAE&T) study of the best universities that cater to service members and veterans.
MAE&T conducted the research to develop a comprehensive tool to help the military community choose the best higher education options. Universities around the United States were asked to complete a comprehensive questionnaire on what programs the school has in place to serve the military community.
The 2016 MAE&T Guide to Top Colleges & Universities ranked more than 600 institutions including state universities and community colleges from both the public and private educational systems. The rankings took into account Ashford’s established military culture, financial assistance for veterans, educational flexibility, and support services.
Ashford’s high marks also reflect the school’s programs aimed at the military community. Those include Ashford’s VA Yellow Ribbon program, the President’s Principles of Excellence program, the Eight Keys to Veteran Success program, and the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Degree Network program.
On top of those, Ashford University offers a military grant that waives technology fees and e-book costs for military students. The MAE&T guide for 2016 is available online and outlines the top educational opportunities for servicemembers and vets, including those at Ashford University.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Ashford University ?
Next time we write about Ashford University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at University of the Potomac-Washington DC Campus
- Cost of college went up for all students at Gallaudet University
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of the District of Columbia
- Graduates earn 43 degrees from Universidad Pentecostal Mizpa
- Graduates earn 176 degrees, certificates from ICPR Junior College-Manati
- Analysis: Women's college outdoor track grosses $32.3 million
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND: URI names new chief information officer
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Matt Bragga named Rice baseball coach
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA Announces New Master’s Degree in Public Health
- TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY: Moloney named as Transylvania’s new VP for marketing and communications