Ashford University of San Diego, California, has received top marks from a Military Advanced Education and Transition (MAE&T) study of the best universities that cater to service members and veterans.
MAE&T conducted the research to develop a comprehensive tool to help the military community choose the best higher education options. Universities around the United States were asked to complete a comprehensive questionnaire on what programs the school has in place to serve the military community.
The 2016 MAE&T Guide to Top Colleges & Universities ranked more than 600 institutions including state universities and community colleges from both the public and private educational systems. The rankings took into account Ashford’s established military culture, financial assistance for veterans, educational flexibility, and support services.
Ashford’s high marks also reflect the school’s programs aimed at the military community. Those include Ashford’s VA Yellow Ribbon program, the President’s Principles of Excellence program, the Eight Keys to Veteran Success program, and the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Degree Network program.
On top of those, Ashford University offers a military grant that waives technology fees and e-book costs for military students. The MAE&T guide for 2016 is available online and outlines the top educational opportunities for servicemembers and vets, including those at Ashford University.
Organizations in this story
Ashford University 8620 Spectrum Center Blvd San Diego, CA - 92123
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success