Reinhardt University's Board of Trustees approved adding men's wrestling and men's and women's bowling to the sports programs offered by the university, effective as early as the 2016-17 academic year.
"Obviously, there's a lot that has to be done in order for us to be ready to go by the upcoming year," Athletics Director Bill Popp said. "We will be looking to hire coaches for the sports and have them in place by the end of February. There has to be a lot done in order for us to improve our facilities to house a wrestling team of 30 members. And if everything falls into place, we can start these sports in 2016-17, but if we need to take another year to make sure we're completely ready for success, we will launch in 2017-18."
The Waleska, Georgia, school offers 22 athletic and sports opportunities, including the three new additions.
"As new president at Reinhardt, I'm extremely grateful for leadership that has provided the vision, and understands the value, that successful competitive athletic teams bring to our university and to our community," Kina Mallard said. "I'm excited about cheering on our Eagles wrestling and bowling teams."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Reinhardt University Athletics ?
Next time we write about Reinhardt University Athletics, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Group launches national campaign seeking justice for victims of predatory Ohio State doctor
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Brown urges Supreme Court to uphold DACA to benefit students, universities, nation
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: KAGRA to Join LIGO and Virgo in Hunt for Gravitational Waves
- BERRY COLLEGE: Lumen Lecture with Jennifer Frey to be Held October 10
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Faculty Research Symposium highlights innovative projects, from neuroscience to rural housing design to additive manufacturing
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Gift of $7 Million Will Support New Athletics Facility and Center for Israel Studies Fellowship
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: President Welcomes Everyone for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma Art Prize Gets Student Artists Moving
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: How Context Affects Scene Processing to be Held September 25
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: WoW Wednesdays: Visual Communication for Research (3MT) to be Held September 18