Lawrence University is embarking on a new era for the school’s admissions process in a move aimed at making the application more accessible to all qualified students.
Applicants for the 2016-17 academic year will no longer be required to pay the $40 application fee. Meanwhile, the Early Decision admission process has been eliminated. The decisions come as part of an effort to make the institution’s application process more student-focused.
Ken Anselment, Lawrence's dean of admissions and financial aid, said the school was one of the first to drop the ACT and SAT requirements 10 years ago. Now, Lawrence is looking at new ways to offer innovative student services.
“While we may have appeared forward-thinking 10 years ago when we became a test-optional institution, we’ve been a little late to the party when it comes to eliminating the application fee,” Anselment said. “Despite the budget implications for Lawrence, we felt it was important to simplify the process and eliminate any potential hurdle that would prevent a qualified student from considering Lawrence.”
Anselment said similar thinking was behind the decision to get rid of the binding early decision requirement that locked students into attending Lawrence if they opted to attend the school earlier than later.
“We believe it is more beneficial to let the students fully consider all their options,” Anselment said. “Students who know Lawrence is the right place for them can certainly make their decisions as early as they’d like, but they will no longer need a binding agreement from Lawrence to do so.”
Lawrence University a private liberal arts college in Appleton, Wisconsin.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Lawrence University ?
Next time we write about Lawrence University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million