Rep. Mike Simpson (R-ID) will receive the first Commitment to Idaho award from Boise State University on Tuesday.
The award will be presented on an annual basis by Boise State’s new School of Public Service and will be awarded for the first time during the kickoff event to celebrate the official debut of the school.
Simpson will receive the honor for his dedication and service to the state of Idaho. He is currently in his sixth term of service in the House of Representatives, representing Idaho’s Second Congressional District. His accomplishments include securing wildlife status for Boulder-White Clouds, one of the many reasons he has been chosen as the recipient of the first Commitment to Idaho award.
Simpson's career in public service began with his election to the Blackfoot City Council in 1980. He served on the Idaho Legislature from 1984 until 1998. The last six years of his time in the Idaho Legislature were spent as the speaker.
The kickoff event for the School of Public Service will take place in the Simpson Ballroom of the University’s Student Union. It will feature BSU President Bob Kustra and Simpson and is free to the public.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million