Rep. Mike Simpson (R-ID) will receive the first Commitment to Idaho award from Boise State University on Tuesday.
The award will be presented on an annual basis by Boise State’s new School of Public Service and will be awarded for the first time during the kickoff event to celebrate the official debut of the school.
Simpson will receive the honor for his dedication and service to the state of Idaho. He is currently in his sixth term of service in the House of Representatives, representing Idaho’s Second Congressional District. His accomplishments include securing wildlife status for Boulder-White Clouds, one of the many reasons he has been chosen as the recipient of the first Commitment to Idaho award.
Simpson's career in public service began with his election to the Blackfoot City Council in 1980. He served on the Idaho Legislature from 1984 until 1998. The last six years of his time in the Idaho Legislature were spent as the speaker.
The kickoff event for the School of Public Service will take place in the Simpson Ballroom of the University’s Student Union. It will feature BSU President Bob Kustra and Simpson and is free to the public.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30