Brigham Young University has announced Christian Smith, a professor of sociology at the University of Notre Dame who also serves as the director of the Center for the Study of Religion and Society, will deliver the Forum Address.
Over the years, Smith has written multiple books on American religion, sociological theory, cultural sociology, personalism, and adolescents and emerging adults.
BYU is excited to welcome Smith as one of the forum speakers, as he holds a wealth of knowledge and valuable experience.
Through his work at Notre Dame, Smith has generated $7.5 million of research grant money. He previously generated $8 million in grants at the University of North Carolina, where he was associate chair of the Department of Sociology from 2000-05.
Smith earned a B.A. in sociology from Gordon College in Wenham, Massachusetts, and an M.A. and Ph.D. in Sociology from Harvard University.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Brigham Young University ?
Next time we write about Brigham Young University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 61% of students graduated on time at Illinois’ top two-year school in 2016
- Analysis: College women's basketball grosses $903 million
- March Madness money: How do women's teams in the tournament rank?
- Beauty schools report highest default rates on student loans
- Analysis: College men's basketball grosses $2 billion
- March Madness money: How do tournament teams rank?
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Axelrod, Rove to host Presidential Elections Program conference at Rice U.’s Baker Institute March 28
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Artwork by Cameron University Student Kathryn Carroll to be Exhibited in CU Sciences Complex
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Mines joins growing network for entrepreneurial engineering
- IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY: Software aims to reduce food waste by helping those in need