Former Philadelphia University students Ben Stack and Alan Dorfman made a showing at Toy Fair 2016 with their Precision RBS launcher, which blasts a burst of multiple rubber bands with each launch.
Stack had designed the device when he was an undergrad student in PhilaU.'s industrial design program.
The Toy Industry Association Inc. is a nonprofit organization that calls attention to and represents businesses that create and bring toys and games to the public. With over 900 members, it accounts for 90 percent of the $22 billion domestic toy market.
In 2016, its annual Toy Fair in New York City showcased hundreds of thousands of products in a 415,000 square-foot exhibit space, breaking previous size records. Attendees included retailers, wholesalers, importers, distributors, manufacturers, representatives, as well as consumers and suppliers. No one under age 18 is admitted, though all adults are welcome with admission fees.
The collaboration between Stack and Dorfman came about partly due to both of them having attended PhilaU. Stack had the design, and Dorfman owns Super Impulse, a toy company in Bristol, Pennsylvani. They worked together to refine the design of the rubber band launcher, smoothing out the rough edges and presenting it at the Toy Fair as viable for the marketplace.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Philadelphia University ?
Next time we write about Philadelphia University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 2,376 degrees, certificates from University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Graduates earn 230 degrees, certificates from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Charlie's Guard-Detective Bureau and Academy Inc
- Cost of college went up for all students at Berry College
- Graduates earn 9,226 degrees, certificates from George Washington University
- Cost of college went down for all students at Atenas College
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Arkansas
- Graduates earn 125 degrees, certificates from ICPR Junior College-Mayaguez
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Hospital Names Crystal Wheeler As Chief People Officer
- Graduates earn 151 degrees from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo