Former Philadelphia University students Ben Stack and Alan Dorfman made a showing at Toy Fair 2016 with their Precision RBS launcher, which blasts a burst of multiple rubber bands with each launch.
Stack had designed the device when he was an undergrad student in PhilaU.'s industrial design program.
The Toy Industry Association Inc. is a nonprofit organization that calls attention to and represents businesses that create and bring toys and games to the public. With over 900 members, it accounts for 90 percent of the $22 billion domestic toy market.
In 2016, its annual Toy Fair in New York City showcased hundreds of thousands of products in a 415,000 square-foot exhibit space, breaking previous size records. Attendees included retailers, wholesalers, importers, distributors, manufacturers, representatives, as well as consumers and suppliers. No one under age 18 is admitted, though all adults are welcome with admission fees.
The collaboration between Stack and Dorfman came about partly due to both of them having attended PhilaU. Stack had the design, and Dorfman owns Super Impulse, a toy company in Bristol, Pennsylvani. They worked together to refine the design of the rubber band launcher, smoothing out the rough edges and presenting it at the Toy Fair as viable for the marketplace.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Philadelphia University ?
Next time we write about Philadelphia University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.