Leona Sevick was recently chosen by Bridgewater College to be the new provost and vice president for academic affairs at the institution.
“I am honored to serve the warm and talented students, faculty and staff who have so graciously invited me into the close community that is Bridgewater College,” Sevick said.
Sevick, who holds a Ph.D. and M.A. in English literature from the University of Maryland, was most recently assistant academic dean and assistant professor of English at
Mount St. Mary’s University. She previously taught English at Notre Dame College of Maryland and her undergraduate alma mater, McDaniel College.
The Bridgewater College staff believe that Sevick will bring much to the community, as they expect she will fit in well and help to make the students' experiences quality ones.
“I’m confident we have selected a Provost who will build upon a great foundation to assist in us creating the Bridgewater College we envision for the future,” Bridgewater President David Bushman said.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Bridgewater College ?
Next time we write about Bridgewater College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Mindful Monday to be Held November 19
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Lacy School of Business Named Outstanding On-Campus MBA Program by Princeton Review
- BERRY COLLEGE: Berry Professor to Showcase Film at the Rome International Film Festival
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Vardi named fellow of the American Mathematical Society
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS: Honors College Recognizes Exceptional Faculty, Staff
- UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA: UT’s Annual Evening of Experimental Dance to be Held Nov. 10
- Pikes Peak Community College enrolls 13,275 undergrads
- 54 percent of applicants to Florida International University were admitted for fall 2017
- Front Range Community College enrolls 19,259 undergrads
- 59 percent of applicants to University of North Florida were admitted for fall 2017