Boise State recently lost a beloved mentor and teacher, Scott Willison, who was known for his passion in working students, especially those from underprivileged backgrounds.
Willison, who passed away on Sunday at 56, was a professor of education and the director of the Center for Multicultural and Educational Opportunities. He was in a leadership role with Boise State for more than 20 years and labored to ensure that students with fewer options and less access to higher education had the opportunity to better themselves though the center's aid.
“Scott cared first about his students and was well-known for his advocacy and compassionate concern for their hopes and dreams,” Bill Parrett, interim director of the Center for School Improvement and Policy Studies, said.
A memorial service will be held Friday at the Cathedral of the Rockies. Those who wish to may donate to a scholarship which will be offered in Willison's honor.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.