For the second consecutive year, North Central College has advanced to the opening round championship series of the American Mock Trial Association, which helps to instill skills of public speaking, legal knowledge and critical thinking in the participants.
Teams work on a case in which they must delegate witnesses and attorneys for the project. The teams' preparation comes to fruition in the fall and winter, when they represent the prosecution and the defense.
“I am extremely proud of the tenacity and dedication of each and every member of this year’s team," North Central team leader Rebecca Koper said. "The students’ determination, hard work and perseverance were evident in their outstanding performance against some of the region’s toughest opponents."
Other team members are Natalie Bernier,
Cassity Melvin, Emily Salomone,
Michelle Sanchez Barajas and
North Central will also host one of the eight national championship tournaments from March 11-13.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about North Central College ?
Next time we write about North Central College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Financial Institutions Gain New Tool to Enhance Cyber Intelligence and Combat Money Laundering
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: General Education: Designing Workshop to be Held February 26
- BERRY COLLEGE: Financial Literacy Team - Budgeting Presentation
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Leadership, Management and Administration: Understanding the Differences
- BERRY COLLEGE: Career and Internship Fair to be Held February 20
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: eRecycle Initiative Hits Impressive Milestone
- BERRY COLLEGE: Gender Worldwide Film Series: Mother of Geoge to be Held February 12
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: AU Strengthens Ties to Community by ‘Working with Washington’
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Update on the Novel Coronavirus
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Farmers, ranchers invited to CCCC basketball game