Ashland University English professor Deborah Fleming released “Into a New Country,” her second full-length book of poetry, this month through Cherry Grove Press of Cincinnati.
The poems create a journey through the landscapes of multiple continents while exploring subjects like love, art and death in free verse and formalist poetic formats. Fleming says the diverse nature and subject matter of her newest work follows an anonymous orator from youth through maturity, making it a good choice for creative writing courses.
The previously published “Morning, Winter Solstice” was her first poetry collection, and Fleming has also published a novel, “Without Leave.”
Organizations in this story
Ashland University 401 College Ave. Ashland, OH - 44805
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success