The University of New Orleans recently released a historical foreign drama titled “Jägerstätter" about a Catholic's life during the Nazi reign in Austria.
The protagonist, Franz Jägerstätter, was a farmer. Although he did not life a perfectly moral life, he decided to stand up to the Nazi force. He stated that he would not be part of a political party that contradicted his religion and was executed. In 2007, he was beatified by Pope Benedict XVI.
Until now, the play had never been published in English, but thanks to the dedication of Gregor Thuswaldner and Robert Dassanowsky it will be accessible and understandable for English audiences.
Thuswaldner serves as the professor of German and linguistics at Gordon College and Dassanowsky is the professor of German and film at the University of Colorado. Günter Bischof, the series editor, is from Austria, though he is also a graduate of UNO, where he is also a university research professor.
The play was published as part of a series from the university's press.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million