The University of New Orleans' recent fourth annual InnovateUNO, a juried undergraduate research, scholarship and creative showcase, led to 16 competitors being invited to the University of Louisiana System Academic Summit in April.
The top five oral presenters, poster presenters and artists, and the top performer, will join the summit, which will be held at Nicholls State University in Thibodaux. The Privateer Choice Award was also designated for the second year, via a vote taken from any person attending the showcase.
The goal of the competition is to help undergraduate students attain success through research and creative pursuits not otherwise a part of their college life. These students build skills for successful careers while also improving retention rates, as proved by studies on creating opportunity for early involvement in undergraduate research that involves creative and scholarly works.
Elizabeth Sigler, coordinator of undergraduate research, said she was thankful for the work of the Undergraduate Research Council and the volunteers who helped organize and judge the event. She also thanked the Student Government Association, alumnus Pierre Champagne and the AT&T Foundation, all of whom lent financial support to the program to make this event possible.
Organizations in this story
University of New Orleans 2000 Lakeshore Dr New Orleans, LA - 70148
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success