The University of New Orleans' recent fourth annual InnovateUNO, a juried undergraduate research, scholarship and creative showcase, led to 16 competitors being invited to the University of Louisiana System Academic Summit in April.
The top five oral presenters, poster presenters and artists, and the top performer, will join the summit, which will be held at Nicholls State University in Thibodaux. The Privateer Choice Award was also designated for the second year, via a vote taken from any person attending the showcase.
The goal of the competition is to help undergraduate students attain success through research and creative pursuits not otherwise a part of their college life. These students build skills for successful careers while also improving retention rates, as proved by studies on creating opportunity for early involvement in undergraduate research that involves creative and scholarly works.
Elizabeth Sigler, coordinator of undergraduate research, said she was thankful for the work of the Undergraduate Research Council and the volunteers who helped organize and judge the event. She also thanked the Student Government Association, alumnus Pierre Champagne and the AT&T Foundation, all of whom lent financial support to the program to make this event possible.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million