In order to combat the unabated rise in cost of college and amassed debt, President Michael Victor of Mercyhurst University in Erie, Pennsylvania announced last month that tuition increases at the university will be the lowest in more than a decade.
The increase will apply to the Erie campus, while there will be no tuition increase at the North East campus, aiding in making college affordable to more people. Victor’s administration also revealed a free resource to assist both current and former students in managing their debt, available online.
Student debt is one of the most timely and troublesome challenges today. To help relieve as much of this stress as possible, Victor says Mercyhurst strives to offer the highest quality education with the lowest possible cost. He says 95 percent of students at the university receive financial aid and scholarships, and that because the university consistently strives to increase efficiency and control costs, tuition costs are maintained.
Tuition increases at the Erie campus have averaged only 5.8 percent since 2010, so an undergraduate degree will cost approximately $34,480 for 2016-17, with an increase of only 3.5 percent this year. The cost at the North East campus has risen only an average of 4.67 percent since 2010, leading to a 2016-17 tuition of approximately $17,496.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Mercyhurst University ?
Next time we write about Mercyhurst University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Mindful Monday to be Held November 19
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Lacy School of Business Named Outstanding On-Campus MBA Program by Princeton Review
- BERRY COLLEGE: Berry Professor to Showcase Film at the Rome International Film Festival
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Vardi named fellow of the American Mathematical Society
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS: Honors College Recognizes Exceptional Faculty, Staff
- UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA: UT’s Annual Evening of Experimental Dance to be Held Nov. 10
- Pikes Peak Community College enrolls 13,275 undergrads
- 54 percent of applicants to Florida International University were admitted for fall 2017
- Front Range Community College enrolls 19,259 undergrads
- 59 percent of applicants to University of North Florida were admitted for fall 2017