In order to combat the unabated rise in cost of college and amassed debt, President Michael Victor of Mercyhurst University in Erie, Pennsylvania announced last month that tuition increases at the university will be the lowest in more than a decade.
The increase will apply to the Erie campus, while there will be no tuition increase at the North East campus, aiding in making college affordable to more people. Victor’s administration also revealed a free resource to assist both current and former students in managing their debt, available online.
Student debt is one of the most timely and troublesome challenges today. To help relieve as much of this stress as possible, Victor says Mercyhurst strives to offer the highest quality education with the lowest possible cost. He says 95 percent of students at the university receive financial aid and scholarships, and that because the university consistently strives to increase efficiency and control costs, tuition costs are maintained.
Tuition increases at the Erie campus have averaged only 5.8 percent since 2010, so an undergraduate degree will cost approximately $34,480 for 2016-17, with an increase of only 3.5 percent this year. The cost at the North East campus has risen only an average of 4.67 percent since 2010, leading to a 2016-17 tuition of approximately $17,496.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Mercyhurst University ?
Next time we write about Mercyhurst University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million