With 18 intercollegiate sports, Ashland University (AU) of Ashland, Ohio recently made OhioHealth the official provider of medical counsel and coverage for its athletics program.
The health care provider currently serves seven collegiate athletics programs, nearly 50 high schools, and professional teams that include the Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL and the Columbus Crew in Major League Soccer.
President of OhioHealth Mansfield and Shelby Hospitals Jean Halpin said that, due to the Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences, a strong relationship has been built between the health care company and the university.
Matthew Bernhard, MD, who is chief of sports medicine and joint replacement at OhioHealth Mansfield and Shelby Hospitals, said that he is excited about providing quality sports medicine services to the Ashland Eagles athletes. A resident of Ashland, Bernhard has provided support for 15 years and says he looks forward to the continued partnership.
OhioHealth also intends to assist with college curriculum programs to help better educational experiences and even find placement for students within OhioHealth facilities. Dr. Carlos Campo, Ashland University president, says this is a win-win situation, allowing for “many learning and placement opportunities for students in our athletic training program, which is one of our strongest majors on campus, as well as placement opportunities within OhioHealth facilities for other AU students.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Ashland University ?
Next time we write about Ashland University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30