Ashland University has announced that Wayne Goodman, a consulting geologist and alumnus of the university, will be giving a presentation on March 31 in the Kettering Science Center for the College of Arts and Science’s biennial Symposium Against Indifference.
Goodman has been a consulting geologist on a number of projects in the areas around the Michigan Basin and has focused heavily in the area of exploration, development and enhanced recovery for projects that utilize sequestering of anthropogenic carbon dioxide.
He also collaborates with an operating and technical team from Midwest Regional that is working to better understand that geophysical rock properties in saline reservoirs located in Michigan.
Goodman has received his B.S. in Geology and Mathematics and M.S. in Geology from Ashland. He has been involved in a number of companies, including Shell, and is working on projects throughout eastern Canada and parts of the U.S., focusing on oil and gas.
The event will begin at 6:30 in Room 112. Admission is free and open to the public.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Ashland University ?
Next time we write about Ashland University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Mindful Monday to be Held November 19
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Lacy School of Business Named Outstanding On-Campus MBA Program by Princeton Review
- BERRY COLLEGE: Berry Professor to Showcase Film at the Rome International Film Festival
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Vardi named fellow of the American Mathematical Society
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS: Honors College Recognizes Exceptional Faculty, Staff
- UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA: UT’s Annual Evening of Experimental Dance to be Held Nov. 10
- Pikes Peak Community College enrolls 13,275 undergrads
- 54 percent of applicants to Florida International University were admitted for fall 2017
- Front Range Community College enrolls 19,259 undergrads
- 59 percent of applicants to University of North Florida were admitted for fall 2017