Micah Wilson set out to make it easier to record important life events in a journal, which is hard for most people to keep up with.
The Brigham Young University junior accomplished that by creating an iOS app that recently won the school's mobile app contest. The app allows users to document their everyday life in a journal without having to write a single word.
Called Journey, the app helps make keeping a journal an effortless task. For his efforts, Wilson won the $1,650 first prize in the Marriott School of Management’s Mobile App Competition. The contest was hosted by the Rollins Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology.
The app’s sleek interface allows users to type or use voice-to-text software to keep track of important events in just a few seconds. The process is smooth and takes just a few taps to complete an entry. Operators can use the app to post a quick note, add a photo or audio recording, or add a song clip to their online journal.
Journey even includes prompts for those who find it difficult to come up with an entry. One example is “Who made you feel good this week?”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Brigham Young University ?
Next time we write about Brigham Young University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million