Two students at the University of Texas Dallas have built a friendship based on a mutual interest in technology into a business that is venturing to rake in as much as $1 million a year in just five years.
PrimeVOX Communications is a local
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) company offering custom-tailored phone systems to businesses. Luke Escude, a junior in the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science of UT Dallas, started the company seven months ago and brought in classmate Caleb Devany in December as the sales representative.
With a dozen clients, office space in Addison, and a membership with the Plano Chamber of Commerce, Escude and Devany are hopeful for great gains. The business model is different from other VoIP companies because the proprietary configuration of their product allows for the scrambling of messages that are later unscrambled on PrimeVOX servers. Because the service is cloud-based, clients are able to retrieve calls on an app on their mobile phone, never missing a call.
Stephen Perkins, a computer science lecturer at UT Dallas, says Escude stands out and has the drive and knowledge to achieve success in a startup. Perkins himself co-founded NetMass Inc, a cloud-based backup and archiving service provider, and the two UT Dallas students said their computer science courses have helped them finesse their skills.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about UT-Dallas ?
Next time we write about UT-Dallas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.