The University of Rhode Island has launched The Academic Health Collaborative to revitalize its health programs and get the most out of cross-disciplinary education, research and outreach.
The collaborative is designed to encourage teamwork and promote the study of advanced methods in research areas, inter-professional education, the overall health of its population, the promotion of health and identifying and eradicating health discrepancies. The initiative could lead to the formation of health clinics led by faculty members, new programs in public health, health policy and worksite health.
The main reason the collaborative was formed was to support the health care industry’s efforts to provide better quality care, reduce hospitalizations, promote wellness and reduce costs. There is a growing need to address health care models due to the ever-growing number of Americans who have health insurance.
The university is already well-known on a global scale for its Alzheimer’s and neurological research, and its study of pharmaceuticals based on plants, premature infant birthing and development, medication uses based on organisms found in the ocean, diseases originating from insects.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Rhode Island ?
Next time we write about University of Rhode Island, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: Women's college outdoor track grosses $32.3 million
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND: URI names new chief information officer
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Matt Bragga named Rice baseball coach
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA Announces New Master’s Degree in Public Health
- TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY: Moloney named as Transylvania’s new VP for marketing and communications
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Appoints Marcus Lyles As Executive Director Of Public Safety And Chief Of Police For The Department Of Public Safety
- PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY: Lester Named Dean of School of Music & Fine Arts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Master's Degree in Finance
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Rashid Zia named Brown’s new dean of the college
- RADFORD UNIVERSITY: Joyendu “Joy” Bhadury selected as dean of Radford University’s College of Business and Economics