The University of Arkansas’ Wally Cordes Teaching Faculty Support Center has announced that Lorraine Brewer and Jack Kern will be joining the center as co-directors, serving alongside Mary Savin.
Brewer will be taking the place of Linda Myers for the final year of her term after her departure to the University of Tennessee. Kern’s will be replacing John Pijanowski for a three-year term.
Brewer is an instructor in the university’s Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. She received her bachelor's degree from Sterling College and her M.S. in biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin. She teaches sections of 200-400 students, facilitates courses for more than 1,800 students each semester, and advises more than 100 students.
Kern is a clinical professor in the university’s kinesiology program in the College of Education and Health Professions. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse and his master’s from Southwest Texas State. He was inducted in the Teaching Academy in 2012.
Savin is a microbial ecology and soil biology professor. She received her B.S. in biology from the University of Notre Dame and her M.S. in biodegradation and Ph.D. in soil ecology from the University of Rhode Island.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Which U.S. schools receive the most state student aid?
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Seal Takes Ocean Heat Transport Data to New Depths
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Mindfulness training may help lower blood pressure, new study shows
- These schools have the top 'on time' graduation rates in the U.S.
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Adelphi University Trustees Renew President Christine Riordan’s Contract, Thankful for Her Transformational Leadership
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Free Parking: Christine Neill to be Held December 5
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Bethany College Hosts Art Exhibition Featuring Four High Schools
- MICHIGAN TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY: Sea Grant Fisheries, Aquaculture Specialist Joins GLRC
- Ohio State latest Big 10 school hit by multiple sexual abuse scandals
- These schools have the worst 'on time' graduation rates in the U.S.