The University of Arkansas’ Wally Cordes Teaching Faculty Support Center has announced that Lorraine Brewer and Jack Kern will be joining the center as co-directors, serving alongside Mary Savin.
Brewer will be taking the place of Linda Myers for the final year of her term after her departure to the University of Tennessee. Kern’s will be replacing John Pijanowski for a three-year term.
Brewer is an instructor in the university’s Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. She received her bachelor's degree from Sterling College and her M.S. in biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin. She teaches sections of 200-400 students, facilitates courses for more than 1,800 students each semester, and advises more than 100 students.
Kern is a clinical professor in the university’s kinesiology program in the College of Education and Health Professions. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse and his master’s from Southwest Texas State. He was inducted in the Teaching Academy in 2012.
Savin is a microbial ecology and soil biology professor. She received her B.S. in biology from the University of Notre Dame and her M.S. in biodegradation and Ph.D. in soil ecology from the University of Rhode Island.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30