The University of Arkansas’ Wally Cordes Teaching Faculty Support Center has announced that Lorraine Brewer and Jack Kern will be joining the center as co-directors, serving alongside Mary Savin.
Brewer will be taking the place of Linda Myers for the final year of her term after her departure to the University of Tennessee. Kern’s will be replacing John Pijanowski for a three-year term.
Brewer is an instructor in the university’s Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. She received her bachelor's degree from Sterling College and her M.S. in biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin. She teaches sections of 200-400 students, facilitates courses for more than 1,800 students each semester, and advises more than 100 students.
Kern is a clinical professor in the university’s kinesiology program in the College of Education and Health Professions. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse and his master’s from Southwest Texas State. He was inducted in the Teaching Academy in 2012.
Savin is a microbial ecology and soil biology professor. She received her B.S. in biology from the University of Notre Dame and her M.S. in biodegradation and Ph.D. in soil ecology from the University of Rhode Island.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Hospital Names Crystal Wheeler As Chief People Officer
- Graduates earn 151 degrees from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo
- Cost of college went up for all students at Universidad Adventista de las Antillas
- Graduates earn 527 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon
- Cost of college went up for all students at Emporia State University
- ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY: Blake Takes Leadership at Lake Point
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Receives $100,000 Grant from Schell Foundation
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Jacobson returns to University of Mary after gaining NCAA Division I coaching experience
- AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: AFIT offers course on Strategic Topics in Defense Innovation
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Agriculture, Extension name Phillips associate dean, assistant director