After a 25-year career at Rose-Hulman, chemical engineering professor Hossein Hariri recently retired, but not before his daughter, Ghazal, served as a visiting faculty member in the same department.
Hossein Hariri's career began with the experience he gained in his native Iran's budding oil industry, which he used toward his education in England and America. Settling at Rose-Hulman, he raised his family while serving as
department head from 1997 to 2008. His daughter earned a bachelor's degree at Vanderbilt University and had internships at Eli Lilly and Co.
"I appreciate him more now...because I realize how much effort goes into each lecture and keeping your students engaged," Ghazal
Hariri said of her father.
specialized as a natural gas engineer and project manager for the government-controlled National Iranian Gas Co. and National Iranian Oil Co. prior to joining the faculty at Rose-Hulman. He also gained experience as a consultant for Amoco and Eli Lilly. He has been essential in making valuable networking contacts for the university.
"Learning is a two-way thing," Hossein
Hariri said. "Students provide great feedback while they're learning and applying the subject matter. Our successful alumni have always been our best testimonials about the high standards that have been a department strength."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology ?
Next time we write about Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 142 degrees, certificates from Columbia Central University-Yauco
- Graduates earn 192 degrees from Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto de Guayama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Advantage Technical College
- Cost of college went up for all students at Caribbean University-Vega Baja
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza
- Graduates earn 2,331 degrees, certificates from University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras
- Graduates earn 733 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
- Graduates earn 72 degrees, certificates from Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
- Graduates earn 8,564 degrees, certificates from The University of Alabama