Bridgewater College music majors Aaron Lavinder and Traci Sink will perform in their senior recitals at 3 p.m. April 30 at the Carter Center for Worship and Music.
The free event is open to the public.
The son of John and Robin Lavinder, Lavinder is from Glade Hill, Virginia, and studies guitar under Bridgewater College adjunct instructor of music Richard Adams. He will perform Agustin Barrios Mangore’s “Julia Florida,” Gaspar Sanz’s “Canarios” and “Gallardas,” Robert de Visée’s “Passacaille,” Matteo Carcassi’s “Etude No.3” and Francisco Tárrega’s Adelita. Adams will accompany him on guitar and bass.
Sink, the daughter of Jeffrey and Teresa Sink, is from Snow Camp, North Carolina. She studies voice under adjunct instructor of music Lucy Hoyt, and will be accompanied at the recital by instructor of music Lacey Johnson and junior music major Adam Kelly. Sink’s recital will include the following pieces: “He Shall Feed His Flock” by George Frideric Handel; “But the Lord is Mindful” by Felix Mendwlssohn; “The Shepherd” and “The Lamb” by Lee Hoiby; “Seit ich ihn gesehen,” “Ich kann’s nicht fassen, nicht glauben” and “Du Ring an meinem Finger” by Robert Schumann; “Che faro senza Euridice?” by Christoph Willibald Gluck; “Non so più cosa son, cosa faccio” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; and “Chanson d’amour,” “Le secret” and “Fleur jetée” by Gabriel Fauré.
Organizations in this story
- LAWRENCE TECH: College of Management earns prestigious accreditation from AACSB
- Analysis: Missouri residents pay up to 49.8 percent less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states
- Analysis: Kentucky residents pay up to 31 percent less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states
- UCLA: Screenwriting lecturer wins award for film, publishes book
- Analysis: Nebraska residents pay up to 43 percent less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states
- Analysis: Ohio residents pay up to 39 percent less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states
- TENNESSEE TECH: New provost and vice president for enrollment management approved
- OAKLAND UNIVERSITY: Board of Trustees appoints two to rank of Distinguished Professor
- Oakland University: Oakland University President selects Westfall as VP for University Advancement
- Analysis: Indiana residents pay about a third less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states