The Criminal Justice fraternity Lambda Alpha Epsilon’s Chi Nu chapter at Radford University recently raised $500 for the local Radford City Police Department’s K-9 unit.
The chapter’s “Go Fund Me” page dedicates the funds to training costs, supplies, medical necessities and equipment that will help the unit.
The police department has four K-9 teams. The unit is based in Radford, but it helps other agencies located in the New River Valley as they are called. The department is planning to add another dog to its K-9 unit. The funds will help with training and servicing the dog in the area.
"The Radford City K-9 unit is an extremely important asset to our community," Michelle Jordan, the fraternity's fundraising chair, said. "They are consistently and continuously providing service with courage, pride and order in their assigned duties. They keep our community safe from various forms of criminal activity as well as provide educational opportunities to our youth through community service and public awareness activities."
The chapter learned that the department needed funds thanks to a university alumnus and previous Chi Nu member.
"We are very proud of their continuous support and fundraising efforts toward our K-9 unit," Emily Hite, Radford City Police Corp., said.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Radford University ?
Next time we write about Radford University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 98 percent of applicants to Eastern Oregon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 84 percent of applicants to Auburn University were admitted for fall 2017
- 67 percent of applicants to Grand Canyon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 82 percent of applicants to George Fox University were admitted for fall 2017
- 89 percent of applicants to Willamette University were admitted for fall 2017
- Lane Community College enrolls 7,637 undergrads
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College enrolls 14,906 undergrads
- 7 percent of applicants to Yale University were admitted for fall 2017
- UPIKE student and alumni feature: Olivia Boyette
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD: Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias, Live!