Brown University will host over 5,300 students from around the world at its campus this summer as part of its pre-college academic and leadership programs.
The university holds many exhibits, conferences and talks from June through August. Students' stays range from one to seven weeks. Last year, students traveled from 49 states and 74 countries to experience their summers at Brown.
“Our pre-college programs are right at the core of what Brown is about — aligned with our mission to share knowledge and provide transformative educational experiences,” Adrienne Marcus, associate dean for pre-college and undergraduate programs at the School of Professional Studies, said.
One of the program's goals is to offer low-income students greater access to the university. In 2015, the School of Professional Studies granted scholarships exceeding $1.75 million to an estimated 465 pre-college students who showed academic merit and financial need.
“For many students, Brown’s pre-college programs open up the way they think about themselves,” Marcus said. “It helps them to set their sights higher and realize that they can handle college courses and succeed away from home.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Brown University ?
Next time we write about Brown University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went up for all students at International Technical College
- Graduates earn 592 degrees, certificates from Columbia Central University-Caguas
- Graduates earn 3,928 degrees, certificates from American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Modern Hairstyling Institute-Bayamon
- Graduates earn 240 degrees, certificates from Ponce Health Sciences University
- Cost of college went up for all students at Georgetown University
- Graduates earn 2,072 degrees from Rice University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Modern Hairstyling Institute-Carolina
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Universitario de San Juan
- Cost of college went up for all students at Universidad Central de Bayamon